Karimian Law Group | Immigration Law
page-template-default,page,page-id-94,page-child,parent-pageid-37,qode-core-1.0.3,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,brick child-child-ver-1.0.0,brick-ver-1.8, vertical_menu_with_scroll,smooth_scroll,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.3,vc_responsive

The Karimian Law Group is always assisting individuals in obtaining legal status within the United States.  We represent individuals in immigration court in conjunction with applications for visas and permanent residency through family, employment, and even political asylum.  The process can be difficult but our attorneys are here to make it as easy as possible.  Contact us for a free consultation.


Investor Visa (EB-5 Visa)


We can help you obtain the EB-5 Investment visa, also known as the investment green card or the EB5 visa, which can enable you, your spouse and children under 21 to obtain permanent U.S. residency by investing $500,000 into a government designated Regional Center investment visa program.


Work Visas


A work visa is a non immigrant visa that allows entry to the USA and work a temporary amount of time. These visas often last several years, depending on the type of visa granted. To qualify, you must have a job offer from a US employer that is willing to sponsor you. Sponsorship means paying your salary, signing immigration documents and obeying immigration laws. After entry into the USA is granted, you may apply for a permanent residency/green card. If you are already in the USA, you can apply to change your legal status to receive work authorization.

There are nearly 20 work visas that can be granted. To see if you qualify for one of these work visas, contact us today to make an appointment for your free consultation.


Family Immigration


Fiancé Visa

K1 Fiancé Visa (also known as a K1 Visa) is a type of visa that allows a foreign-citizen fiancé of a U.S. Citizen to enter the United States for the sole purpose of getting married. The foreign-citizen fiancé must marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor (also known as a petitioner) within ninety days of arriving in the United States. If you are a U.S. citizen and you want to legally bring your fiancé into the country then a K1 Fiancé visa may be the best and fastest option for you. Although a K1 Fiancé visa is a non-immigrant visa, the foreign-citizen fiancé will still need to meet some of the requirements of an immigrant visa since a K1 visa essentially allows a foreign-citizen fiancé to marry a U.S. citizen shortly after arrival.


Marriage Visa

Marriage Visa is an immigration visa that allows the foreign spouse of a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Resident to immigrate to the United States. There are two types of Marriage Visas. The CR1 Marriage Visa and the IR1 Marriage Visa.

For U.S. citizens that want to bring their foreign spouse to the United States, the U.S. offers a couple of different options and they are the IR1/ CR1 visa and the K3 visa. While the K3 marriage visa is still in existence, changes in processing times have made CR1 and IR1 visas the only real option for most applicants.

The difference between an IR1 visa and a CR1 visa is pretty simple. If the couple has been married for less than two years, the foreign spouse will receive a CR1 visa. If the couple has been married for more than two years, the foreign spouse will receive an IR1 visa.

The CR-1 visa is known as a Conditional Resident visa and grants a foreign spouse conditional permanent residency. Foreign spouses that receive a CR1 visa can typically work in the U.S. within a matter of months as soon as they receive their green card. Since permanent status is considered conditional, the newly married couple must apply to remove conditional status jointly to prove that the foreign spouse did not get married to a U.S. citizen merely to circumvent U.S. immigration laws. This must be done before the two-year visa expires and it is actually recommended that the couple starts the process ninety days prior to the visa expiration date.

The IR1 (Immediate Relative) visa is issued to foreign spouses who have been married to a U.S. citizen for a period longer than two years. The IR1 visa is very similar to the CR1 visa with the primary difference being that an IR1 visa recipient will be given unconditional permanent resident status and be able to work immediately when they arrive in the U.S.


Family Member Sponsorship


Student Visas

The first step for a prospective nonimmigrant student is being accepted for enrollment in an established school which is SEVP certified. In general, for academic students attending a university, college, high school, private elementary school, seminary, conservatory or other academic institutions, including a language training program, an F visa is the appropriate category. For students attending vocational or other recognized nonacademic institutions, other than a language training program, an M visa is generally the appropriate category.



We can help to get you U.S. citizenship, and possibly dual citizenship.  Some governments tolerate this, while others do not like it too much in that, if you do not follow the correct procedure in filing for dual citizenship, they will take your passport away.  Contact Us before you file any paperwork so that we may help you find out your government’s attitude toward such matters and get you citizenship in the countries of your choice.


For more information, visit our Resources page

Translate »